The mission of the Montrose Academic Booster Club is to recognize, promote and publicize academic achievement in the Montrose RE-1J School District in all grade levels.
A+BC Grants and Recognition
A+BC awards grants to teachers, students, parents, administrators and support staff to promote positive academic experiences. The goal is to help promote academic pursuits and achievement across all grade levels. Each year between $4,000 to $7,000 in grants are awarded. Grants typically range in size from $100 to $1,200 and usually are between $200 to $500 in size. Materials or equipment purchased with grants become the property of MCSD and should remain within the district for use by students.
A+BC desires to fund:
- Grants that impact large numbers of students in a cost-effective manner
- Grants that have long-lasting benefits
- Grants that fund ideas, activities or items not traditionally covered by the school district
- Grants that supplement or enhance the classroom curriculum
- Grants that have partial funding from other sources (applies to larger requests)
A+BC does not desire to fund: professional development for teachers, annual memberships or dues, subscriptions or licenses, prizes or rewards for students.
Grants will be reviewed three times per year at A+BC Board Meetings held the first Monday of October, December and March.
Grants must be received by the following dates for review at the following month’s board meeting:
- Fall Deadline: September 21, 2018
- Winter Deadline: November 16, 2018
- Spring Deadline: February 22, 2018
How to apply for an A+BC grant:
Click to download the application (MS-Word format): ABC Grant Application 2017
Save the file and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org as a Word or pdf attachment.