A+BC Grants Guidelines
The mission of the Montrose Academic Booster Club is to recognize, promote and publicize academic achievement
in the Montrose RE-1J School District in all grade levels.
A+BC Grants and Recognition
A+BC awards grants to teachers, students, parents, administrators and support staff to promote positive academic experiences. The Academic Booster Club has collected and returned between $4,000 and $6,000 each year to schools and students.
In 2014, the A+BC board reviewed and revised the grant guidelines for the upcoming year. The following are the criteria for reviewing and awarding A+BC grants to teachers, students, parents, administrators and support staff:
*Our goal through grant-making is to help promote academic pursuits and achievement across all grade levels, including post-secondary education. With this in mind, we have outlined the following criteria in funding requests:
- Requests that will impact large numbers of students in a cost-effective manner
- Requests that have long-lasting benefits
- Requests that fund ideas, activities or items not traditionally covered by the school district
- Requests to supplement or enhance the classroom curriculum
- Requests that have partial funding from other sources
The following will not be funded by A+BC Grants:
- Professional development for individual teachers
- Annual memberships or dues
- Subscriptions or licenses
- Prizes or rewards for students
Grants will be reviewed three times per year at A+BC Board Meetings held the first Monday of October, December and March. Funds will be distributed at the school board meeting within the next 6 weeks.
Grants must be received by the following dates for review at the next month’s board meeting:
- February 25th
- September 25th
- November 25th
How to apply for an A+BC grant:
Click to download the application (MS-Word format): A+BC Grant Application
Save the file and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment.